Sunday, May 22, 2011

It can be DONE!!! :)

Couponing can sometimes be frustrating and make you want to give up because you do not see the large totals that you strive for and dream about. Sometimes if you do not have 39 of one item in your cart, you might just not coupon anymore huh? Well, I have been hearing people in my classes state to me that the only way to save money at the Commissary is with overages. I got an email today and as you know, I love a good challenge. I love being right. I am sometimes a right fighter, I'll admit it :) I am one of those people that in school if you try to prove me wrong and I KNOW I am right about something, I will research the subject like a project and bring you the answer the next day, long after it was forgotten about. I almost get obsessed on it. However, that being said, no fear, if I am wrong, I bow graciously and admit I am wrong. (Okay, the gracious part was a stretch!)

Today, I visited the Fort Bragg North Commissary. I happen to be one of the late Sunday afternoon patrons that love shopping then. The crowds are gone, people think they still close at 1800 and I get to dance in the aisles if I wanna. You will NOT catch me there after noon on a pay day and you will also not catch me there on a Saturday. But Sunday around 1730, heck ya!

So, I loaded my binder with a few qs, I made a short list of some "have to get or they will expire qs" and I was on my way. I bought the following items:

6 Starburst Gummies
1 Pancake Mix
4 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
2 10 pack of Fun size Snickers bars
4 bags of rice
3 Valasic Relish
1 Marcal Napkins
1 Nutro Dog food
1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 2 pack
1 Milk bone
1 Canine Carry Outs
2 Pillsbury Biscuits
1 Country Crock box of stick butter
1 Edwards Butterfinger Pie (*individual pies)
1 bag of Ore Ida French Fries
2 Oscar Mayer Turkey Franks
1 Oscar Mayer Beef and Cheddar Franks
2 Hebrew National Franks
1 Oscar Mayer Lunchable
1 Playtex Feminine
2 Playtex Sippy Cups (the good kind mind you)
4 Oral B Toothbrushes
1 Package of Big 3 Comfort Razors
1 Satincare Shave Lotion

Total before over 60.00...total with all my qs and one overage of .41 and four overages of .4 so total of .45 in overages ONLY. GRAND TOTAL: 20.71 WHICH INCLUDES A SURCHARGE OF 2.74!!!! IF I HAD OVERAGES OF ANY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ALL OF MY MEAT AND VEGGIES FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS SO I AM GOING TO DO THAT ON TUESDAY BEFORE MY CLASS AND AFTER I GO TO WALGREENS. UNTIL NEXT TIME EVERYONE- HAPPY SHOPPING. AND HAVE FUN AT THIS THING CALLED COUPONING, IT TRULY IS A GAME THAT YOU CAN WIN IF YOU WANT TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment